Articles Posted in Sexual Assault

Over the past weekend, four Williamson County Sheriff Dept. employees were placed on paid administrative leave including one corrections officer and three sheriff’s deputies for allegedly sexually assaulting an individual, according to a news article at the Austin American-Statesman. Now, a more recent article at KXAN.com claims that it has been determined only one of the employees is accused of committing the sexual assault. Writing to Win Button- Appeals Section

Captain Mike Gleason originally stated that four employees were on paid leave, and all four currently remain on paid leave. However, the three individuals who have been cleared of the allegations will be considered witnesses, and are not charged with any criminal acts. Neither the names of the employees or the alleged victim have been released. The Texas Rangers are continuing to investigate the case. The incident reportedly occurred during a gathering in Williamson County, and all four employees were off-duty at the time. Gleason said someone called to report a sexual assault taking place, but that he did not know when or where the alleged assault occurred.

Mark Brunner, Williamson County First District Attorney, said only that the incident took place at a Williamson County home. It is also believed the sexual assault occurred early on Saturday morning, July 25.

In August of 2013, Thomas F. Bolton of Wilhoit, AZ allegedly raped a 16-year-old girl at his home. Bolton was convicted of sexually assaulting and kidnapping the underage victim, and was sentenced on June 30 to 14 years in prison. He was also sentenced to 10 years on the kidnapping charges. security-fence-4-1398073-m

The victim in the case told authorities that while at his home, Wilhoit forcibly removed her clothes and held her down to rape her. Wilhoit allegedly stopped assaulting the girl when her boyfriend showed up at the home. He told a deputy that Bolton has his girlfriend pinned to a bed, and that he heard her saying “no.” Bolton denied having sexual contact with the girl, but was charged with harassment after driving to a business in Wilhoit in September of last year where he allegedly blocked a vehicle containing the victim and a friend in a parking lot.

According to a news report at CBS 5 in Arizona, Bolton’s sentences will run concurrently, and he will service the full 14-year sentence for sexual assault.

Recently, 65-year-old Gilbert Joseph Trujillo was charged with 11 counts of sexual assault on a child, according to a news report at 9news.com. Trujillo was formerly employed as an elementary school teacher at Dupont Elementary School in Commerce City, CO. iStock_000000182036XSmall-300x224

Trujillo was arrested on Monday, June 22, and advised of the charges he faces on Tuesday. Those charges include one count of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust as a pattern of abuse, five counts of sexual assault on a child, and five counts of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust.

The defendant taught fourth and fifth grades at the school, where he is alleged to have assaulted five female students who were about 9 or 10 years old between August of 2005 and May of 2011. One student recalled that Trujillo would have girls come to his desk, then hold them by their hips, or even have them sit on his lap. She said that she felt he was a “little too friendly” with female students, and that she got “weird vibes” from him.

On Monday, June 15, 45-year-old Tyrone Dale of Pawtucket, Rhode Island hanged himself after being charged with the sexual assault of a 15-year-old boy, according to a recent article at the Huffington Post.  Dale was a girls’ basketball coach at Juanita Sanchez High School in Providence.

Dale had been charged with second-degree sexual assault on Friday, and released on bail.  He allegedly sexually assaulted the teenage boy in May at the West End Recreation Center in Providence.  News reports indicate Dale pulled down the victim’s shorts before stroking him in an inappropriate manner, an incident the teenage boy recorded on his cell phone, according to police reports.

Prior to committing suicide, Dale claimed via email that he had never coached the victim, and believed the incident was a possible “set up.”  He advised reporters at the Providence Journal to check the victim’s background, and described the boy as a 6′ 3″ tall 165 lb. gang member.

On Sunday, May 10 at approximately 5 a.m., a 27-year-old woman claims a man tried to sexually assault her as she was riding a CTA Red Line train between the Fullerton and North/Clybourn stations, according to a news article at the Chicago Tribune. The two were the only passengers on the train according to ABC news report. subway-1388756-m

Ronald Sparks, a 34-year-old South Side man, was ultimately arrested in the case after police sent out surveillance photos in a community alert on Sunday evening. According to Officer Janel Sedevic, a spokeswoman for the Chicago Police Department, the alleged victim declined medical attention.

Thomas Hunt of the Guardian Angels handed out fliers with surveillance photos of the suspect early Monday morning, and said he was not surprised Sparks was caught due to the clarity of the photos. He went on to say that CTA spent a considerable amount of time and effort installing the surveillance cameras.

Recently, Jackson County Circuit Judge John McBain set aside the guilty verdict given to 50-year-old Gregory Patterson by the jury in a sexual assault case, a first in the Judge’s 13 years on the bench. McBain found the defendant not guilty, a decision that leaves Patterson free, rather than facing a minimum of 25 years in prison for three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct according to a news report at Mlive.com. 15199512_s

Patterson went on trial for allegedly sexually assaulting his former girlfriend’s daughter on multiple occasions in 2012, when she under 13 years of age. The girl, who is now 15, testified regarding the sexual assault, however she admitted that she did not like Patterson, and was also not consistent when testifying about how many times she was allegedly assaulted by her mother’s boyfriend.

During the trial, several references were made to the fact that the alleged victim wanted to see he mother and father back together, even though she did not know her father. Patterson’s defense attorney claimed that the girl had admitted to a history of falsehoods in the past in an effort to remove her mother’s boyfriends from their lives.

Recently, two Troy University students were arrested in regards to a sexual assault that allegedly occurred in March over spring break at Panama City Beach in Florida, according to an article at the New York Times. southern-serenity-1416648-m

News reports claim a 19-year-old woman who was incapacitated and believed she had been drugged was sexually assaulted as hundreds of beach goers looked on. The two men who were arrested include 23-year-old Ryan Austin Calhoun or Mobile, AL, and 22-year-old Delonte Martistee of Bainbridge, GA. Sheriff Frank McKeithen said that they were also searching for two more people, a third man they believed may have been involved in the “gang-rape-type attack,” and a fourth person whose role was not specified.

The alleged victim said that she did not recall the assault clearly enough to report it, as she believed she had been drugged. Authorities learned of the sexual assault after a video of the assault captured on a cell phone was discovered while investigating another incident. The video was then sent by Troy police to the sheriff’s office in Florida. After reviewing the cell phone video, authorities identified the woman and determined the sexual assault occurred behind the Spinnaker Beach Club. Calhoun and Martistee were being extradited to Bay County, where the sexual assault took place.

On Monday, March 9, 23-year-old Kevin Motyka of Howell Township, NJ pleaded guilty to allegations that he sexually assaulted a 2-year-old boy between May and December of 2012. Motyka pleaded guilty to child endangerment, aggravated sexual assault, and other charges. He also reportedly recorded the sexual assault on the toddler. Michigan High Court Considers the Term “Possession of Child Pornography” Pic

In 2014, prosecutors received tips from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children regarding Motyka’s actions; he was then arrested.

In all, Motyka pleaded guilty on Monday to three counts of second-degree endangering the welfare of a child by causing or permitting a child to engage in child pornography, manufacturing child pornography, and distributing child pornography. He also pleaded guilty to first-degree aggravated sexual assault and one count of third-degree endangering the welfare of a child by engaging in sexual conduct with a child, according to a news article at the Howell Patch. Motyka also allegedly distributed child pornography including images that were of other children and not the toddler he is accused of sexually assaulting.

On Tuesday March 3, 31-year-old Dinis Oliveira, a Sheriff’s officer with the Essex County Sheriff’s Department, turned himself in after a woman alleged she was sexually assaulted by Oliveira in her home. According to a news article at NJ.com, the assault took place over the weekend. The woman contacted authorities on Saturday, claiming that the man who came to her home said he was a law enforcement officer. She complied with his demands before reporting the sexual assault to police. light-1-714566-m

Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray did not reveal details of the alleged assault, however upon turning himself in, Oliveira was charged with one count each of fourth-degree criminal coercion, second-degree sexual assault, and second-degree sexual misconduct. According to Sheriff Armando Fontoura, Oliveira was not on duty and not in uniform when the alleged assault took place. Oliveira has been suspended without pay, and had joined the Sheriff’s Department in June of last year after working for about one year as a volunteer deputy sheriff’s officer.

At the time of news reports, authorities were still investigating the incident. Oliveira was held on a $200,000 bond with no 10% option.

In late March of 2014, Evan Reed, who was then pitcher for the Detroit Tigers, allegedly sexually assaulted a 45-year-old woman in a MotorCity Casino hotel room. He was charged with two counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct, charges that were dismissed against the 28-year-old Reed in August of last year. Since that time, prosecutors have appealed the dismissal and rape charges have been reinstated against Reed, who is now facing trial. baseball-and-glove-over-white-1155890-m

Reed is no longer with the Detroit Tigers, however he is scheduled for trial in the alleged rape of the victim following a night of drinking at bars in the Royal Oak area. Prosecutors allege that Reed had non-consensual sex with the woman, who claims that she has no memory of what took place after she met the defendant at a Royal Oak bar.

According to a news article at Mlive.com, the couple went to a casino hotel after they finished drinking, where a surveillance video captured the alleged victim falling to the ground before Reed carried her inside. The judge who dismissed the charges against Reed earlier said that there appeared to be nothing wrong with the victim’s gait when she left the hotel just hours later as she descended six flights of stairs. Wayne County District Judge Kenneth King, who dismissed the case last August, said the woman did not appear incapacitated as she left the casino hotel.

Contact Information