Recently, a 32-year-old man who allegedly raped a 7-year-old girl on Staten Island was apprehended and arrested by police in New Jersey. The girl was reportedly raped sometime prior to 2:45 a.m. on August 6 at her home. Michigan Department of Corrections Struggles With Budget Challenges Pic

According to news reports, Daniel Nieto entered the home where the young girl lived through an unlocked door, then sexually assaulted the victim. Ironically, Nieto had been arrested for criminal trespass for hanging out in a vacant home just a short time following the sexual assault, although police were not aware the rape had occurred. After being charged with criminal trespass, Nieto was released. It would take police 12 days to find Nieto and arrest him in connection with the rape.

Ultimately, police caught Nieto in East Brunswick, NJ and took him into custody on Tuesday, August 18. At last news reports, charges against him were pending as the suspect is being extradited to Staten Island to face charges.

Recently, Craig McCord and his wife Virginia McCord were arrested in the alleged sexual battery of a 13-year-old girl who was spending the night at the couple’s Murfreesboro, TN home according to a news report at WGNS Radio. man in hand cuffs

Craig McCord is a registered sex offender; his 37-year-old wife is a substitute teacher, and was arrested due to the fact that she failed to report child sex abuse, according to a police report.

Although the victim’s name was withheld due to her young age, she reportedly spent the night at the McCord’s home the night the alleged abuse took place. A police report written by Detective Tommy Roberts stated the victim was not related to the McCords. She was spending the night at their home when she was allegedly awakened by Craig McCord touching her between her legs. She reportedly told Virginia McCord about the incident before making a telephone call to her grandfather requesting that he pick her up.

On Tuesday, August 4 Canterbury Police Chief John Laroche, 44, was arrested in connection with the sexual assault of a teenage girl sometime between January 1, 1999 and August 3, 2000. At the time of the alleged assault, the victim was reported to be 16 or 17 years old. iStock_2709890

Laroche, who was charged with one count of aggravated felonious sexual assault, allegedly assaulted the victim in the vicinity of the boat ramp in Boscawen, according to a news article at Concord Patch. Attorney General Joseph A. Foster said that at the time, Laroche was a police officer with the Boscawen Police Dept; he also oversaw the Boscawen Police Explorer Program, a program the alleged victim was a member of. Foster claims that Laroche used his authority to coerce the girl into submitting to the sexual assault.

The victim did not report the sexual assault until September of last year, at which time she reported it to the Boscawen Police. An investigation began after the New Hampshire Attorney General’s office was notified of the incident. Laroche is currently held on a $5,000 cash bail, and scheduled for arraignment on August 5 in Franklin District Court.

Over the past weekend, four Williamson County Sheriff Dept. employees were placed on paid administrative leave including one corrections officer and three sheriff’s deputies for allegedly sexually assaulting an individual, according to a news article at the Austin American-Statesman. Now, a more recent article at KXAN.com claims that it has been determined only one of the employees is accused of committing the sexual assault. Writing to Win Button- Appeals Section

Captain Mike Gleason originally stated that four employees were on paid leave, and all four currently remain on paid leave. However, the three individuals who have been cleared of the allegations will be considered witnesses, and are not charged with any criminal acts. Neither the names of the employees or the alleged victim have been released. The Texas Rangers are continuing to investigate the case. The incident reportedly occurred during a gathering in Williamson County, and all four employees were off-duty at the time. Gleason said someone called to report a sexual assault taking place, but that he did not know when or where the alleged assault occurred.

Mark Brunner, Williamson County First District Attorney, said only that the incident took place at a Williamson County home. It is also believed the sexual assault occurred early on Saturday morning, July 25.

Last week, 23-year-old Aurelio Hernandez-Gomez was jailed on charges of criminal sexual conduct in connection with a 13-year-old girl who had been missing out of Florida.  On Friday, July 10, Hernandez-Gomez was arraigned on charges of third-degree criminal sexual conduct; he also has felony arrest warrants out of Florida for interference with child custody and kidnapping.

The Van Buren County Sheriff’s Dept. deputies investigated a residence in Hartford Township and being contacted by Polk County authorities seeking their assistance in the case of the missing girl.  Authorities believed she was with Hernandez-Gomez, which turned out to be the case.  When deputies searched the residence along with the Pokagon Tribal and Cover Township police departments, the girl and suspect were found hiding.  After investigating further, deputies determined that the girl had been sexually assaulted by the suspect.
Continue reading

In November of 2013, 49-year-old Francis Mallo of Loudon, TN was charged with five counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in the alleged sexual assault of a female victim younger than 13 in Osceola Township. Personal Safety Guides Protect Yourself Against Sex Crimes Pic

According to news reports at Up North Live, Loudon turned himself in after driving from his home in Tennessee to Osceola County. The alleged sexual assaults occurred between 1990 and 1992; investigators began digging for information and evidence after receiving a tip regarding the alleged sexual assaults in 2013, and interviewed the victim (who would be in her 30s) at that time. They then contacted Mallo, who drove from Tennessee.

In 2014, Mallo went on trial on multiple sex crime charges in Osceola County, however a mistrial was declared after the jury became deadlocked. On May 26th of this year, Mallo was retried on the five charges of first-degree CSC involving someone under the age of 13. The court had set aside eight days for the trial; on June 3rd, after two days of deliberations, the jury found Mallo not guilty. The woman who claimed to have been sexually assaulted as a minor lived at Mallo’s foster home in Osceola County at the time.

In August of 2013, Thomas F. Bolton of Wilhoit, AZ allegedly raped a 16-year-old girl at his home. Bolton was convicted of sexually assaulting and kidnapping the underage victim, and was sentenced on June 30 to 14 years in prison. He was also sentenced to 10 years on the kidnapping charges. security-fence-4-1398073-m

The victim in the case told authorities that while at his home, Wilhoit forcibly removed her clothes and held her down to rape her. Wilhoit allegedly stopped assaulting the girl when her boyfriend showed up at the home. He told a deputy that Bolton has his girlfriend pinned to a bed, and that he heard her saying “no.” Bolton denied having sexual contact with the girl, but was charged with harassment after driving to a business in Wilhoit in September of last year where he allegedly blocked a vehicle containing the victim and a friend in a parking lot.

According to a news report at CBS 5 in Arizona, Bolton’s sentences will run concurrently, and he will service the full 14-year sentence for sexual assault.

Recently, 65-year-old Gilbert Joseph Trujillo was charged with 11 counts of sexual assault on a child, according to a news report at 9news.com. Trujillo was formerly employed as an elementary school teacher at Dupont Elementary School in Commerce City, CO.

Trujillo was arrested on Monday, June 22, and advised of the charges he faces on Tuesday. Those charges include one count of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust as a pattern of abuse, five counts of sexual assault on a child, and five counts of sexual assault on a child by a person in a position of trust.

The defendant taught fourth and fifth grades at the school, where he is alleged to have assaulted five female students who were about 9 or 10 years old between August of 2005 and May of 2011. One student recalled that Trujillo would have girls come to his desk, then hold them by their hips, or even have them sit on his lap. She said that she felt he was a “little too friendly” with female students, and that she got “weird vibes” from him.

On Monday, June 15, 45-year-old Tyrone Dale of Pawtucket, Rhode Island hanged himself after being charged with the sexual assault of a 15-year-old boy, according to a recent article at the Huffington Post.  Dale was a girls’ basketball coach at Juanita Sanchez High School in Providence.

Dale had been charged with second-degree sexual assault on Friday, and released on bail.  He allegedly sexually assaulted the teenage boy in May at the West End Recreation Center in Providence.  News reports indicate Dale pulled down the victim’s shorts before stroking him in an inappropriate manner, an incident the teenage boy recorded on his cell phone, according to police reports.

Prior to committing suicide, Dale claimed via email that he had never coached the victim, and believed the incident was a possible “set up.”  He advised reporters at the Providence Journal to check the victim’s background, and described the boy as a 6′ 3″ tall 165 lb. gang member.

The case of a Grand Rapids woman who was a Catholic high school tutor convicted of having sex with a 15-year-old student is scheduled to be featured on Dateline NBC on Thursday, June 4 according to a news article at Mlive.com. The tutor, 35-year-old Abigail Simon, was found guilty on three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and one charge of accosting a minor for immoral purposes in November of last year.  apple-on-the-desk-1428611-m

According to news reports, Simon provided the victim with a key to her Grand Rapids apartment, where several of the sexual encounters are said to have occurred. The evidence against Simon at trial included more than 1,000 text messages between herself, the student, and friends. In some of the text messages Simon said she wanted to have children with the boy; she also professed her love for the young boy.

Simon’s attorney employed a defense strategy in which the victim was accused of raping and controlling Simon, which would have absolved her of criminal responsibility for the sexual activity, however the defense strategy failed. Simon was sentenced to 8 to 25 years in prison after being found guilty.